Edward Scott Zdenek
Inherent to the mission of the Centre Region Down Syndrome Society (CRDSS) is the goal of providing financial support so people who have Down syndrome can participate in activities that improve their lives. Since its inception, the Enrichment Fund has supported a diverse array for our families, such as adaptive equipment, and activities such as horseback riding, swimming lessons, karate classes, bowling, art classes, dance, gymnastics and more. CRDSS supports over 20 families annually, to participate in activities that enrich the lives of our loved ones.
This fund was established in memory of Edward Zdenek, son of Brad and Kathleen Zdenek.
Persons who have Down syndrome and live in the CRDSS Central Pennsylvania region are eligible to apply for an Enrichment Fund award. Most any activity that can be reasonably expected to improve and enhance the life of the recipient will be considered. To allow as many individuals as possible access to CRDSS Enrichment Funds, one request per individual with Down syndrome will be considered in a fiscal year. (The CRDSS current fiscal year runs from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022.) Within the limits of its resources, CRDSS provides awards to as many individuals as possible who otherwise would not be able to participate in activities that improve their lives.
Application & Approval Process
- Apply online here. The individual (or their family/guardian) completes all required fields.
- The applicant will receive notification of approval from CRDSS via email.
- If approved, the email will also include the Reimbursement Form. The form can also be accessed HERE.
- The applicant then makes their purchase or signs up for the activity.
- Once receipts are in hand the applicant submits the completed Reimbursement Form to CRDSS along with receipts.
- CRDSS processes payment and mails the applicant the check.
NOTE: CRDSS makes every effort to respond to fund applications as quickly as possible, however it can take a number of weeks to process applications, determine award amounts, respond with account details and disperse payment. Please take this timing into consideration when requesting funds, especially if participation in the activity is completely dependent on receiving funds to do so.